Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Life with my iPod nano (Almost a month now)

I’ve been using an iPod nano since the two days after it was available from the Apple store. No, I wasn’t one of those folks who ran down to the store to place an order. My wife “won” a 2GB iPod nano for a charity auction at work. She knew it was only a matter of time before I bought one and thought giving it to me through the auction was the only way to ensure that I wouldn’t be able to pick one up for myself beforehand. I have a tendency to buy things for myself just after she has purchased them as future gifts.

Anyway, back to the nano. If you haven’t seen one in person you can’t appreciate how small it is. Just as it was for the iPod shuffle. The thing with the nano is they where able to get a color screen and click-wheel in there as well. It is really amazing.

I have the 2GB black one. Now, if I were to buy one for myself I would have purchased the 4GB version (black as well...just to be different). Ironically 9 days before the nano was purchased I bought a 6GB iPod mini for my wife....hindsight is so 20/20.

The display is bright and clear. Audio quality is just as good as the other iPods. Click wheel seems a bit touchy compared to the other iPods we own but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. This device is so small/light.....I’m afraid I cold easily loose this. The black color does smudge easily. Design wise this should have been the shuffle. Granted lack of screen kept the price down but....if you are “looking” to listen to a particular podcast you’ll need to tweak the playlist of the shuffle to get those.

Overall, I LOVE the nano....faults and all. It looks good, sounds good.

No comments: