Wednesday, January 12, 2005

KOTOR2 - Claimed 30 hours of my life thusfar...

I was given Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Sith Lords as a Christmas gift. I played KOTOR the year before and loved it. What scares me is when you go to save your game it tells you how many hours of play the current save is assoiciated with. I can't imagine spending an entire day doing nothing but laying around playing KOTOR2 but when you add up the hours it is actual worse than that! I still haven't finished the game. For those of you who don't know anything about the game it is basically a TURNED BASED roll playing game. You get to pick out your character and design certain apsects. (race,sex,uniform color,initial character skill sets) From then on you are presented with choices during your journey. The choices you make will influence the outcome of your game. Some of them are obvious...if you want to be a Dark Jedi then kill anyone in your way, lie to everybody. On the other hand the Light side is also equally as obvious. Help everyone on your way and put other people's needs before your own. Now each association (Dark & Light) has their advanatges in terms of Force powers. Needless to say it is easy to get lost in the multiple worlds you travel in. I've heard that people who aren't Star Wars fans actually enjoy the game. However, if you are a fan....then you are already playing the game.

When I'm done with KOTOR2 I have Halo 2 to take up more of my time. I've played some of it already and it looks great. The XBOX live aspect just extends the game to another level.

So what games are taking your time these days?

No comments: