Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Macworld 2005 Announcements

So it looks like most of the rumors came true. Macworld isn't over yet let's see what else is announced. In the meantime check out Apple's main site or look at these links: Apple iPOD Shuffle, Apple Mac mini, Apple iLife 5, Apple iWork and last but not least Apple Final Cut Express HD

I purchased a Dual 2.5GHz PowerMac G5 in late September (2004). I also purchased Final Cut Express, Soundtracks (which is no longer being sold by Apple...but now part of their Final Cut product) and Adobe PhotoShop CS. So, it looks like my Final Cut Express is already out of date! The upgrade price for Final Cut Express doesn't look to bad for the stuff they now included. However, the upgrade price for iLife 5 is not done fairly. Apple is only covering computers purchased on or after January 11, 2005 as eligible for the upgrade from iLife 4 (which came with my mac around 4 months ago). So I would need to fork over $79 to get the updatediMovie HD, iDVD, Garageband 2 etc. Well I'm sure once I get over the hissy fit I'll end up getting it. I would think a 6 month grace period for upgrades would be reasonable.

I'm waiting to see if there are any product changes to the iMAC G5. We're about to buy one for my mother-in-law and want to make sure we ride out the technology curve as long as possible.

So which Apple announcement got your interest?

No comments: